Nissan Silvia S14 Ks, also known as Nissan 240SX, is a popular sports car manufactured by Nissan Motors from 1994-1998. It is powered by an SR20DET engine, which is known for its quick acceleration and high horsepower. The car has become a popular choice for car enthusiasts who seek high-performance and reliability in a sports car. In this article, we will dive into the specifications, features, and history of the Nissan Silvia S14 Ks.
The Nissan Silvia S14 Ks had a wheelbase of 99.4 inches and a weight of 2,875 pounds. The car was 68.3 inches wide, 176.8 inches long, and 51.8 inches tall. It was available in either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed automatic transmission. The manual transmission had a gear ratio of 3.692, while the automatic transmission had a gear ratio of 4.083. The car was powered by a 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder, turbocharged SR20DET engine that could generate around 247 horsepower and 202 lb-ft of torque. The car had a top speed of 155 mph and could accelerate from 0-60 mph in 5.0 seconds.
The Nissan Silvia S14 Ks was fitted with a variety of features that made it a popular choice among car enthusiasts. Some of these features included:
1. Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): The car was equipped with a four-wheel ABS that provided maximum control and stopping power.
2. Limited-slip Differential: The car had a limited-slip differential that distributed torque evenly between the rear wheels, providing better handling and stability.
3. Electronic Stability Control (ESC): The ESC helped prevent the car from slipping and losing traction, making it safer and more stable on the road.
4. Power Steering: The power steering made it easier to control the car at high speeds, ensuring a smoother driving experience.
5. Tilt Steering Wheel: The tilt steering wheel allowed for easy adjustment, enhancing the driving experience.
6. Air Conditioning: The car had air conditioning that kept the interior cool and comfortable, even during hot summer months.
7. Power Windows and Door Locks: The power windows and door locks made it easy to adjust the car’s settings without having to manually adjust them.
8. Bucket Seats: The car had bucket seats that provided better ergonomics and support during high-speed driving.
The Nissan Silvia S14 Ks was first introduced in 1994 as a successor to the Nissan 180SX. It was made available in a variety of trims, including the SE, LE, and XE trims. The car was considered to be the best-handling Silvia at the time, thanks to its improved suspension and stiffer chassis. Its sleek design and powerful engine made it a popular choice among car enthusiasts.
The car was praised for its performance, handling, and reliability, and it quickly gained a following among car enthusiasts. Some modifications were often made to the car, such as upgrading the exhaust system, adding a turbocharger, and installing a new intake system to increase the engine’s power output. These modifications helped create a high-performance sports car that could compete with more expensive models on the market.
The Nissan Silvia S14 Ks was eventually discontinued in 1998, but it still remains a popular choice among car enthusiasts today. Its unique combination of performance, reliability, and affordability makes it a great choice for people who want to experience the thrill of driving a sports car.
The Nissan Silvia S14 Ks is a classic sports car that was beloved by car enthusiasts during its production run from 1994-1998. Its powerful SR20DET engine, combined with a variety of advanced features, made it a popular choice among people who wanted a high-performance sports car that was both affordable and reliable. With its sleek design and impressive performance, the Nissan Silvia S14 Ks continues to be a sought-after vehicle among car enthusiasts today. Whether you’re looking for a car to modify and upgrade or simply want to experience the thrill of driving a sports car, the Nissan Silvia S14 Ks is definitely worth considering.